No Apologies® Training Of Facilitators 2012
No Apologies® Training Of Facilitators
In Malaysia, youth are reported to be engaging in premarital sex as early as 9 years old1 and 1 in 3.5 teenagers in says it is acceptable to have premarital sex2. The number of unwanted pregnancies among teens is also escalating at an alarming rate3.
It is against this backdrop that in 2003, No Apologies® was conceived as a character-based abstinence curriculum to help young people commit to delaying sexual involvement until marriage.
Since then, No Apologies® has reached over 49,000 youth around Malaysia with an average pledge rate of 91% to remain sexually abstinent until they are married.
No Apologies® is endorsed and supported by the National Population & Family Development Board (LPPKN) under the Ministry of Women, Family & Community Development. In recent years, staff from the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health have also been trained.
To meet the growing demand for workshops and to continue educating youths in areas of love and life, we would like to invite you to be trained as a No Apologies® Facilitator:
Includes course materials and meals
Groups of 3 and above
07-09 Dec 2012
Fri (9am – 6pm),
19 November 2012 (Monday)
Wesley Methodist School, Ipoh
(was Sekolah Tinggi Methodist)
42, Jalan Silibin,
This 2½ days training will:
- provide you essential knowledge and expertise to guide youth to make significant life decisions
- explain abstinence education and provide latest findings and statistics on youth issues (e.g. media influence, sexuality in Malaysia, etc.)
- equip you with presentation skills to conduct No Apologies® workshops in the community, especially in schools. Trained facilitators will also receive a stipend when conducting workshops with Focus on the Family Malaysia
As a next step, you may want to:
- Download Registration Form
- Contact Us for more information
- Register Online Now for:
1 Leong, S.L., Lam, L., Arulldas, S. (2004, February 6). Youths Sexually Active at Early Age. The Star
2 Focus on the Family Malaysia. (2008). No Apologies® Pre and Post Workshop Survey.
3 Jones, K. (2010, June 27). In Malaysia, Unwanted Teenage Pregnancies Rising Alarmingly. Medindia (www.medindia.net)